Useful undergraduate chemistry contacts:
- Dr. George C. Bandik - Assistant Dean, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Regina Mahouski - Undergraduate Program Administrator
- Debbie Hunt - Secretary, Undergraduate Office
- Dr. Michael Golde - Director of General Chemistry
- Stan Paul - Director of General Chemistry Laboratories
- Dr. Ericka Huston - Director of Organic Chemistry Laboratories
- Dr. Michelle Ward - Director of Analytical Chemistry Laboratories
- Dr. Eugene Wagner - Director of Physical Chemistry Laboratories
Undergraduate major advising in the Chemistry Department is a two-tiered system.
Newly declared chemistry majors should make their first departmental advising appointment with Dr. George C. Bandik, Dr. Ericka Huston, or Dr. Michelle Ward. These appointments may be made in the Undergraduate Program Office in 107 Chevron. During this session, we will discuss career goals and options available to each student. We will also lay out an individualized plan of study for the major and review each student’s Arts and Sciences degree requirements.
In the term following the first advising session, each student will receive a letter via e-mail asking them to select a permanent advisor. They will choose their permanent advisor from the faculty with the help of the Undergraduate Program Office in 107 Chevron. The permanent advisor will meet with the student for advising sessions from that term until the student graduates.