- Complete online application (no cost).
- A statement of purpose that addresses your specific interests and/or expertise in chemistry, and describes as specifically as possible the area of research you wish to pursue.
- Transcripts for all college-level institutions attended. All transcripts must be uploaded onto the application website.
- Three letters of reference. (Use the forms on the application website. They should be uploaded to the site by the reference.)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores including the chemistry subject examination.
- The application fee is waived for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. (In the online form, indicate that you will pay by check, but do not send a check)
All of the above plus:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. The minimum TOEFL score of 100 (with at least a score of 22 in all of the four sections of speaking, listening, reading and writing) or the required minimum IELTS of 7.0 (with at least 6.5 in each of its four sections).
- Application fee - $50
All application materials MUST be received by January 15, 2015 to be considered for admission to the fall term of 2015. Late applications will no longer be accepted. For more information please contact:
Department of Chemistry
234 Chevron Science Center
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Phone: (412) 624-8501
FAX: (412) 624-8611
Online applications may be started for the Chemistry Department's Fall 2015 graduate class beginning September 1, 2014. Decision letters will be emailed after February 1, 2015.