- Complete online application (no cost).
- A statement of purpose that addresses your specific interests and/or expertise in chemistry, and describes as specifically as possible the area of research you wish to pursue.
- Transcripts for all college-level institutions attended. (1 required)
- Three letters of reference.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores including the chemistry subject examination.
- The application fee is waived for U.S. citizens and permanent residents. (In the online form, indicate that you will pay by check, but do not send a check)
All of the above plus:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores. Minimum score of 100.
- Application fee - $50
All application materials should be received by February 1, 2013 to guarantee full consideration for admission to the fall term of 2013. Late applications will be considered as space permits. For more information please contact:
Department of Chemistry
234 Chevron Science Center
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Phone: (412) 624-8200
FAX: (412) 624-8611
Online applications may be started for the Fall 2013 graduate class beginning October 1, 2012 in the Chemistry Department.