NC State University is seeking candidates for a tenure track faculty position in chemistry or color science for an appointment in the Department of Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science with a preference given to physical or physical organic chemists or color scientists. The successful candidate will be expected to teach thermodynamics or color science at the undergraduate and graduate levels and to develop an active research program in a color, polymer or fiber chemistry related field.
Academic rank of initial appointment is open to all levels. They will also be expected to:
· Teach and Mentor Undergraduate and Graduate Students.
· Pursue innovative research in the area of Physical Chemistry applied to polymers, fibers and textile chemicals, or Color Science.
· Collaborate with colleagues within and across academic units and government agencies.
· Communicate research findings in peer-reviewed and other scholarly publications and at local, national and international meetings.
· Pursue innovation through invention disclosure and patents.
· Regularly submit extramural proposals with success in funding.
Service Responsibilities include:
· Involvement in professional societies and organizations.
· Serve on institutional, departmental, college and university committees.
· Actively recruit undergraduate and graduate students for NC State University.
· Work with all units across the College of Textiles to facilitate research especially in physical chemistry or color science.
All applications must be made through http://jobs.ncsu.edu/
Questions should be directed to Chair of the Search Committee, Prof. Stephen Michielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
M e l i s s a A. P a s q u i n e l l i, P h. D.
Associate Editor, Royal Society of Chemistry Advances
Associate Director, NC State Analytical Instrumentation Facility
Associate Professor, Fiber and Polymer Science Program
Department of Textile Engineering, Chemistry, and Science
North Carolina State University
University Faculty Scholar, 2014-2018
Alumni Distinguished Undergraduate Professor
CONTACT INFORMATION and MAP TO MY BUILDING:
Research Lab: http://www.te.ncsu.edu/mpasquinelli
NC State AIF: https://www.aif.ncsu.edu/
RSC Advances Journal: http://pubs.rsc.org/en/journals/journal/ra