Postdoctoral Scientist-Biopharmaceutical Development
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to provide outstanding pharmaceutical discovery and development services by creating and using cutting edge science and developing new methods and molecules? Do you want to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry in a rapidly growing company on a trajectory to have a major impact in the life science research arena? We are seeking a talented and passionate scientist who is eager to be part of our success, and who embraces our core values: Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to enhance our capabilities in biologics and nucleic acids analytical and formulation development. This role requires a highly driven and proactive scientist with a passion for drug development, the curiosity and flexibility to work on diverse projects, and the tenacity to tackle complex questions by developing/applying new methods to solve previously intractable problems in drug development in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong academic background in biologics and oligonucleotides to the organization with the goal of learning how to apply this knowledge to the development of drugs and biotherapeutics. As part of a highly-skilled cross-functional team they will be responsible for tackling complex problems as they relate to the characterization, stability and aggregation of proteins and other biologics, including the fundamental characterization of oligonucleotides for use as drug products. This role will be critical to support our client work in the areas of bioanalytical, analytical and formulation development for a variety of molecules including proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, antibodies, bioconjugates as well as complex biopharmaceutic nanoparticle systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate the chemical, physical, and biophysical properties of molecules including peptides, proteins, bioconjugates, oligonucleotides, nucleic acids etc. relevant to biopharmaceutic drug development
- Develop analytical and high throughput biophysical methods to characterize product variants
- Design and perform experiments to determine the stability in prototype formulations, to detect and identify the decomposition products, and to achieve formulations with acceptable shelf-life.
- Execute and oversee specialized analytical testing and generation of technical documents.
- Maintain a strong awareness of current scientific literature, particularly in the area of protein and other biomolecule characterization, and actively apply new concepts as appropriate.
- Interface with clients to develop an in depth understanding of client objectives and define solutions to meet their program requirements
- Develop compelling approaches and solutions to address client needs
- Write persuasive proposals for the projects
- Regularly interact with clients to keep them abreast of project progress
- Write and review interim and final reports.
- Create presentations for outside scientific meetings and conferences to showcase Wolfe Laboratories’ scientific leadership in the field of biomolecule analysis and characterization.
Where this job could lead:
At Wolfe Laboratories Inc., we pride ourselves on retaining and growing our team members, and ensuring they are developing to their full potential. This position can provide many different avenues for advancement, including:
- Training towards becoming a Project Manager
- Leader of an innovative business line
- Become a Lead Technical Researcher
- Managing a diverse team of scientists
Required background and experience:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Bioanalytical Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biomolecular engineering or closely related disciplines
- In depth experience in the areas of protein and/or oligonucleotide biophysics and structural characterization
- Knowledgeable in the structure-folding-stability relationships of proteins and other biologics including the purification, stability, kinetics and thermodynamics of folding of monomeric proteins, particularly as they relate to the pre-formulation and formulation development of new drugs
- Hands-on experience with chromatographic method development as well as techniques used for biophysical characterization of biopharmaceutical products such as calorimetry, spectroscopy, higher order structure analysis, protein mass spectroscopy, CE, HPLC, ELISA, and carbohydrate analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Organic Chemistry principles
- A demonstrated drive to apply technical knowledge to developing drug formulations
- Established track record of significant contributions as an individual technical expert
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as polished and persuasive client presentation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills to collaborate with and direct the work of others on assigned projects (including both internal teams and external collaborators) required
- Sound knowledge of related aspects of pharmaceutical research, development, and commercialization processes
- Established knowledge of applicable global drug development and regulatory standards including cGMPs
- Experience preparing technical sections of regulatory submissions and interacting with regulatory authorities on technical matters a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested candidates are requested to email a copy of their resume with a cover letter and unofficial transcripts to Jill.Wilson@wolfelabs.com.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Wolfe Labs’ employees are innovators with a winning attitude. We offer a fun, multi-cultural environment and value teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric focus. We provide generous health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, the potential to participate in our employee stock option plan, and a wide range of work/life benefits. Candidates who are keen experimentalists, independent thinkers and enthusiastic team players that have a passion for drug development are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit us at: www.wolfelabs.com.
Wolfe Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.