Post doc announcement: ink formulation chemist
Post doc description
This Post-Doctoral R&D chemist position is in HP’s imaging and printing business in our Corvallis, Oregon facility.
The work will be focused on development of new ink formulations for inkjet printers.
Our group is responsible for the design and formulation of inkjet printing inks including the characterization of the print attributes and robustness. This project will focus on developing components that expand various ink attributes such as optical density and durability on different media. The project will also involve optimizing the new inks for drop formation and the printing process. Part of the role is to collaborate with the printer component designers to implement system level changes to balance tradeoffs in the various components.
Aspects of this role include:
• Component development, refinement, and selection
• Formulation design (includes design for performance, manufacturing and chemical regulatory guidelines)
• Print system characterization • Cross functional/ pan global team participation and leadership
• External supplier material co-development and manufacturing
Our group is part of a chemistry center of excellence that develops inks for the different print businesses. While we work across several sites, this project will partner with colleagues at our Corvallis, Oregon location. The Corvallis site includes a combination of R&D and manufacturing facilities with work ranging from MEMS fabs to development of large industrial printing presses.
• A recent (<1 year) PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related field.
• Understanding of fundamental chemical mechanisms, key areas include o Pigment and dye chemistry o Polymers in solution o Organic and inorganic nanoparticle suspensions o Interfacial and surface chemistry o Proficiency in appropriate analytical instruments and the data interpretation
• Wet chemistry experience • Strong written and spoken communication skills.
• Ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced product development environment
• Ability to work & effectively interact (remotely, as needed) with team members from other disciplines, projects, organizations, cultures, & companies.
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork/interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
• Resourceful, creative, and flexible
• Fluency in English
1070 Circle Blvd
Corvallis, Oregon 97330
• Programming skills
• Familiarity with printing technology and color science
• Formulation experience is a plus
To apply, please visit our website: https://hp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ExternalCareerSite/job/Corvallis-Oregon...